Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of language terms that will be helpful in reading this wiki and talking about AID in general.
- Tense refers to the time setting that an action or event is set in. In the English language, there are three main tenses: past, present and future. Generally, your actions in AI Dungeon will be done in present tense.
- Perspective refers to who is writing the story.
- 1st person Perspective is written using terms like I and My and is written from the perspective of the main character.
- 2nd person Perspective is written using terms like You and Your and is written from the perspective of a narrator telling what, you, the main character is doing.
- 3rd person Perspective is written using terms like S/he and Her/His and is written from the perspective of a narrator telling what all the characters are doing.
- Tone refers to the emotion of writing, for instance a spooky tone. AI Dungeon will automatically continue whatever tone is there, or you can use Style Hint to enforce it.
- Context is extra information needed to understand a scene, or in this case, for the AI to understand the story.
- Genre is the type of text. ex. scifi, fantasy.
- Repetition is repeating the same phrase over and over again, possibly with small variations. Although this is sometimes used for artistic effect, in AID it normally means the AI is stuck. This can be caused by a low randomness value and it is recommended to Retry or Alter to remove it.